Who we are
The NSW Government established Study NSW in 2014 to increase the number of international students studying in Sydney and NSW or with our education providers overseas, improve the quality of their experience while in the State and recognise their contributions to our communities.
Study NSW is a dedicated unit within the NSW Government responsible for delivering the 10-year international education strategy outlined in the Industry Action Plan and positioning NSW in key markets as a leader in international education that launches global careers.
Study NSW has four main functions:
- Marketing, promotion and research;
- Development of policy and advocacy to enhance the competitiveness of international education in NSW;
- Delivery and evaluation of strategies and programs to improve the experiences of international students in NSW, and
- Identification and generation of international market development opportunities and new technology-enabled models of delivery.
Study NSW International Education Strategy
Study NSW has developed an International Education Strategy which outlines the value of international education to NSW. The document highlights strategies and projects being delivered by the NSW Government through Study NSW to enhance the experience of international students studying in Sydney and NSW and to grow the sector sustainably.
Study NSW Newsletter
Subscribe to Study NSW to receive regular updates on international education news, stories, events and opportunities.
About this website
This website is an initiative of the NSW Government to help you access factual information about studying in Sydney and NSW.
Our goal is to help international students enhance their study experience through:
- Building confidence in NSW as a safe and friendly location to live and study;
- Improving awareness of the education opportunities, industry placement and employment pathways in NSW, and
- Increasing awareness of social and community activities.
This website is designed to complement but not duplicate information provided on the studyinaustralia.gov.au website and NSW education institution websites.