Where is your home country?
What do you study?
Master of Science in Biomedical Science and Biotechnology
Where do you study?
University of Technology Sydney
What languages do you speak?
Cantonese, English, Mandarin and Vietnamese
Fun facts about you
I love pilates, yoga, and meditating after a long day. I also love to travel to different places all over the world to experience and appreciate the variety in people, cultures and countries that exist.
What advice do you have for other international students?
Don't be afraid and be confident. Step out if your comfort zone and you will learn more about your potential and capabilities. If you want something you have never had, you need to do something you have never done.
What opportunities has studying in NSW given to you?
I was a finalist for the 2015 NSW International Student Awards and received the following opportunities:
- Australian Advance Global Awards Mentee program
- Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering (AINSE) Winter School Scholarship
- City of Sydney International Student Ambassador 2013-2015
- Garvan Institute Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP)
- Sydney Medical School Summer Research Scholar 2013
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS) Community Connection Student Ambassador
- UTS Insearch Student Ambassador 2012.
I was also fortunate enough to volunteer for the Blackmore Sydney Running Festival, UNICEF Australia, Jeans for Genes Day and the City to Surf Challenge. These were great opportunities to volunteer for a great cause and really helped in developing my interpersonal skills.
What has been your favourite experience in NSW?
I love visiting Bondi beach. Each year, there is the Sculpture by the Sea exhibition and it is a very famous event. The views of Bondi beach were scenic and I love spending a great deal of time there with my family and friends.